Register for any conference and enjoy all-access to every keynote, session, networking event, and exhibitions for all three co-located conferences.
Christy graduated from Anderson University (2006) with her Bachelor degree in Social Work and received her Masters in Social Work from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (2008). Christy then obtained her Post Master certificate in School Counseling (2015). She worked in schools for six years at the elementary level and four years at the middle school level. Christy then worked at the Indiana Department of Education as the first Director of Social, Emotional and Behavioral Wellness before coming back to serve as the Director of School Counseling and Mental Health in Center Grove Schools. Christy is passionate about creating positive whole-child focused school environments for all students.
Thu, Jan 01, 1970 Grand Ballroom
A District's Journey to Provide Safe, Supportive & Welcoming Environment for All StudentsThis session will cover one school district's journey to support the social, emotional & mental health needs of all students and staff. Participants will learn how Center Grove Schools prioritized mental health needs pre and post pandemic. During this session participants will be able to walk away with a comprehensive approach to provide safe, supportive & welcoming environments.
Participants will learn specific tiered interventions that are being use as a comprehensive approach to support staff and PK-12 students.
- Participants to understand the importance of whole child learning
- Gain knowledge of one district's journey in creating a comprehensive approach to school mental health
- Identify SEL and mental health supports for students and staff
- Identify funding streams to support SEL and mental health supports
- Participants will be able to evaluate current school or district system to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Participants will walk away with Tiered level supports that can be provided to students and staff
- Participants will walk away with funding streams that they can use to support efforts